5.31.2007

the last day of school...





...was yesterday. anna is officially a first grader. how can that be? i'm sure it sounds like such a cliche to say they are growing up too fast. but my goodness - it's waaaay too fast. denise inspired me to do first day / last day pictures side by side. and if i had known then how much of a difference 9 months was going to make. well, i probably would have just cried even harder on that first day. lol! i am soooo proud of what an amazing young lady anna has become. she's gained so much confidence in herself and she's so much more independent in a good way. i'm so glad, though, that she still likes me to snuggle with her at night and she still likes spending time with me. i'm sure those days are numbered. i'm going to try to remember that this summer when i'm sure there will be times when i've had more than enough of them. like today, for example. lol! just kidding! but it was a little crazy. there are 8 girls in our neighborhood including my girls, and 2 friends visiting, and they were all out playing together for most of the day. they range in ages from 11 down to little miss e who is 3. going on 11. ;) our neighbors have a trampoline and princess ella sparkle (as she likes me to call her) got to jump today for a "special treat." it should be a fun summer! :D

(ps - i over filtered the pictures of e a tad. whoops! i'll have to fix those! the storyboard frames are from katie pertiet at designer digitals.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet she'll like you even when she's a teenager! :)
I just keep reminding myself to enjoy what each age brings. Sometimes finding the good is a little difficult but definitely worth it! :)
Love the Ella sparkle pics!
-kelly

Anna said...

I'm crying just looking at those pics. Since we haven't seen the girls and Willsie in six months, it's even more evident to me how much she has matured. But I am sure you will be close even when she gets older. I gotta go plan a trip to Iowa or Nebraska now.

Denise Levy said...

I love these photos! I can't believe how much Anna has grown. Wow. She is a beauty. And the Ella photos are wonderful. Love that girl! :)

Anonymous said...

They grow up way too fast, do't they! I love your gallery at 2peas - all of it!!!

Heather

gabbyfek said...

i loooooooooooove these pics!
ack ack ack!
xoxoxooxoxoxox.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe how much anna has changed! great idea to do first and last day photos together.

and the ella sparkle photos are ADORABLE!!!! love them!

kelly said...

they are so big!!! all of them!!!

the ella pics are so delightful :D

Unknown said...

These pix make me want to cry--Anna has grown soooooooooooooo much this year! And Miss Little Ella Sparkle too.

xoxo.