1.16.2008

a little randomness...





all of these were done with the february it kit. i love it!!! i used the ki lace paper as a mask for the canvas and painted over it with watercolors. i can't wait to play with the prima paintable paper in the kit too.

i'm a little embarrassed to admit this, and i'm sure kurt will give me a TON of grief about this. but please tell me i'm not the only one that cries at american idol. when they get the gold ticket and walk out the door, the emotion of it all just chokes me up. i love seeing their faces and their joy of seeing their dreams realized. and i love the support their families show for them.

i'm reading the book Eat, Pray, Love, and denise and i were talking about our favorite quotes from it the other day. she posted two amazing ones on her blog so i thought i would share one of mine too:

  • I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I eat and read and study. I can chose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life - whether I will see them as curses or opportunities (and on the occasions when I can't rise to the most optimistic viewpoint, because I'm feeling too damn sorry for myself, I can choose to keep trying to change my outlook). I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote. I so believe our choices mold our lives. And we have so may options, if we could only make the best choices. Also, I ordered the IT kit this month, for the first time. The IT gallery convinced me that I had to have this kit!! Keely

Anonymous said...

If Kurt doesn't give you any grief about that, let me know. I'd be more than happy to! :-)