3.04.2008

photography...


it's been on my mind constantly since my brother and his fiance asked me to shoot their wedding for them this april. just about a month away! ack! i'm soooo nervous - i really don't feel a bit qualified, but they've seen my pictures and they still think they want me to do it. i will be working for a good price. ;) i've been able to get some new equipment and i've been doing a TON of practicing. everyone in my family is THRILLED about that. lol! i've put some of my better pictures on my flickr account (the link's on the left). if anyone has any advice or constructive criticism or can recommend any kind of study materials i would be so happy! i will be starting a class a few weeks before the wedding too, so hopefully that will help too. i definitely do much better in well lit situations, of course. and of course the church and reception will be pretty dark. ugh. this picture is from saturday when it was so nice and warm and sunny! tonight we're set to get more snow. i can't wait for spring! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this shot. I think it's beaitiful! I can't really help you with the wedding aspect of your new journey...but I will be looking forward to seeing how fabulous you did!

Jason said...

Neat shot, I really like the perspective in it!

becky said...

gorgeous photo holly! you will do GREAT with the wedding!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! :)
and I can't wait to see those pictures! :)
YEAH!
-kelly

Margaret said...

Cute shot. I love the composition. Very nice.

doris sander said...

gorgeous shot holly! you're going to do great! :D

Anonymous said...

Great photo!!! You are on the right track...just keep practicing every chance you get and you will do an awesome job at their wedding!
Cari

Jodi said...

love the composition of this shot.

Michelle said...

love the composition of this shot. as for the wedding, can you get a flash? if the locations are dark you will most definitely need one. i get lots of books at the local library and study bridal magazines for inspiration. good luck!

gabbyfek said...

ummm
i want this pic on my wall!
loooooooooooooove it, amazing girl!
xoxoxoxoxoxxo