11.30.2009

Happy Thanksgiving! ;)





One more time!  We had such a great weekend!  Kurt had the day off Wednesday and he took Wilson and I out for lunch and to do a little shopping.  I had planned on doing a lot of pre-Thanksgiving cooking, but we didn't have room in our refridgerator to store anything, so I was off the hook!  :)  On Thursday everyone helped cook dinner and there were only a few arguments about who got to pour what into the bowl.  LOL!  For the first time in a LONG time I didn't do Black Friday.  I usually go to Toys R Us and by the time 11 p.m. came around I was just not in the mood to get up and go shopping.  Maybe next year!  I did get a lot done online, so I just have a few more things to get.  The rest of the weekend was kind of lazy, and JUST what we all needed!  I'm so glad we took the time to do that, though, because today has been nuts!  We had a great morning, but we got in the car to head to school and it wouldn't start.  Thankfully we live close enough to school to walk, or sprint, as the case was this morning.  We made it with 5 minutes to spare - woohoo!  LOL!  As we were calling AAA the termite inspector pulled up in our driveway.  I had to apologize to him and ask him to move because the tow truck was on the way.  (I felt terrible, because it had started pouring rain and that meant he had to be out in it longer.)  He asked if he could take a look - luck would have it that he was a mechanic for 13 year before becoming a termite inspector.  He found the problem right away!  Apparently the battery post was loose or something?  So he was able to hold things together long enough for me to get the car started and Wilson and I just drove it to the shop.  He really saved me!  If he hadn't done that we could have been waiting for hours.  The girls are out of school early on Mondays, so I was really in a panic!  So this day after Thanksgiving I'm not only thankful for my wonderful family, but also for the termite inspector!  :)

This weekend I had some more time to Use My Two Peas Kits, so I did a little more scrapping.  I had so much fun getting to work with this kit by Jen Martakis! It's called Nuts 4 U. I am in love with that adorable little squirrel! I started the page with Carina Gardner's PhotoCuts Frames v. 4. I love how all of the pictures are layered and shadowed! I love the whimsy of the yellow frame in the Nuts 4 U kit, so I used the Photo Cuts Frames kit as a template and layered the gold frames where the Photo Cuts frames would be.




I've been wanting to scrap a picture of my sweet nephew William for awhile. He's such a cutie!  I used the Nuts 4 U kit here too, as well as as the Photo Cuts Frames.  I also used these great Adorn Shaped Page Masks and Tia's Spool of Stitches - those come in so handy!


Ok - if you've made it this far, thanks!  :)  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

A Soldier Girl said...

seriously .. love it . .