6.05.2008

you go, God!

we had some pretty strong, scary thunderstorms roll through tonight, and the girls and i headed to the basement to hang out. it was cooler down there (our air conditioner hasn't been serviced for the summer yet - ugh). and anna was a little freaked out from the sirens and the loud thunder. i wasn't because i'm very brave during tornado warnings and those sirens don't freak me out a bit. yeah. i didn't fool the kids either, i don't think. but ella with her imagination said to us that maybe God was up there playing bowling, and the loudest booms were when he got a strike and if there wasn't a boom he must have gotten a gutter ball. i'm pretty sure God doesn't bowl gutter balls, but i wasn't about to argue. ;) it was funny, because as kids my brothers and i talked about God bowling too. i don't remember ever mentioning that to ella, but i might have. we were cleared pretty quickly from the actual tornado warning, but the weatherman (it was bill, not jimbo. sorry denise and becca. ;) ) said it was hailing right at our intersection so we all went up to see. just as we got up a HUGE bolt of lighting and clap of thunder hit. anna hugged me, still a little scared. but ella stood up, pumped her fist in the air, and shouted, "you go, God!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE It! :)
GOOOOOOOoooo Ella!
I think God likes to bowl too... I'm just saying. ;) How could He NOT like to bowl. I'm pretty sure he doesn't do gutter balls though- unless it's to make everyone else feel better about their game. LOL!
-Kelly

Bridgette said...

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!
when i was growing up, I was always told that the angels were bowling. :D I guess God has joined their bowling league in recent years. ;)

Unknown said...

Yep.
God bowls here too.
: )
And I'm not sure E understands yet but whenever I say anything about God or Jesus he says "Ahhhhmen"!
; )

xoxo.

becky said...

oh my gosh-that is the cutest! i think you could write a book about ella :)

doris sander said...

omg. that is such a delightful story holly! go GOD! :D